A car insurance add-on is an extra protection that can be chosen with a comprehensive car package insurance plan. When we purchase a (private/commercial) car protection policy, various insurance companies offer a wide range of add-on covers.
Below is the commonly bought list of addons:
• Zero Depreciation Cover – this is one of the well known rider (zero dep), everyone wants to add to regular motor insurance. Some companies name it nil-depriciation or bumper-to-bumper cover
• Roadside Assistance Cover – this helps car owners to call a professional help in case car breaks down in middle of road. Same as 24/7 Car & Bike roadside assistance service.
• Key Loss Cover – as the name sugggest – helps you if you loss your keys.
• Engine Protection – adds extra protection to engine
• Return To Invoice – (available for new cars only upto 3/4 yrs) – your IDV will be your purchase price of car.
• NCB Protection – You will get the bonus discount on renwal, even if you made a claim.
• Tyre Damage Cover –
• Consumables Add-on
With all these add on insurance covers for your car, your car is more protected.